Thursday, April 12, 2012

Healing and Light



Feet dangling in icy water in shadowy darkness,
I let the coldness climb on me,
From feet to head,
Hoping to freeze something that’s dead.
.
Recalling what you’ve said,
“I don’t care.”
Oh, you’ve got me mad,
Because caring too much is what I always dare.
.
No more sweet talk,
Withholding the mismatch,
and the notoriously expired faith,
Life is blank and what an interesting place.
.
Love is the most powerful paradox,
I need no belittling pathos,
As the moon’s transfigured light rises,
I’m happy to be single without human sacrifice.


10 comments:

  1. so sad....i can feel the pain because i am in the same boat at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contemplating a new start whilst gazing at the moon. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "love is the most powerful paradox" - that is certainly true! a mix of emotions in this write - great descriptions and flow throughout, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to be single without human sacrifice- excellent poem written from your heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. heartfelt and beautiful. loved the pic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to be going around a lot :( Emotional yet beautiful poem, Taylor! I am truly blessed in my life to have my Mark :) hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on that! Why not be single and happy? There's no point in lasting in an unsatisfying relationship only not to be alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is blank and what an interesting place.

    Despair and hope in a beautiful line.

    Cheers,

    Mark Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt the pain so heavy in the beginning of the poem, but as it came to a close the joy crept in. Well done.
    Happy rally, here's mine http://mysticmarleei.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/talk-to-me-tree/

    ReplyDelete
  10. desperation depression and pain is commonly felt by human beings but seldom so well expressed...great poem

    ReplyDelete