Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Short Verses on Summer

Do a summersault
with no fault
on a somerset.
.
Pass summer nights
with tales about pirates
and stories about fairies.
.
Toss a dime,
make things rhyme
4 summer time.
.
Bake me a pie,
Stay by my side,
Fly my favorite kite.
.
I cannot wait
for summer heat
to quit.
.
The day is hot,
The attitude is cool,
Let's have a feast of haiku.
.
Dream summer dreams,
Beam summer beams,
Swim summer swims,
.
Breathe summer air,
Reduce summer despair,
Play summer games fair.
.
Walk summer walks,
Talk summer talks,
Paint summer on your sidewalks.

4 comments:

  1. cool thoughts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thoroughly enjoyed myself reading out loud especially the last three stanza. I could see this becoming a song - with the last three stanzas as chorus.
    A summer song, perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last line--lots of memories all summed up nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this verse. I love the last sentences. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete